Bellows and Buttons Tuition Weekend
17th to 19th November 2023
We are delighted to announce that a new Melodeon Tuition Weekend is being organised by ourselves near to Oxford. We are dealing with the final arrangements and will announce these over the next few weeks. As a note, this will not be in Witney, the location of the former Supersqueeze, and if you have accommodation booked there it will be easily commutable.
We are welcoming all levels from Absolute Beginners to Accomplished Players.
We have Four Tutors booked for the event. Mel Biggs, Paul Young and Dave Gray will be teaching Improvers, Intermediate, and Accomplished levels in rotation and Vicky Cooper will be teaching Beginners. We will be opening bookings by the end of August. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Memories of 2021
Some of the feedback for the inaugural event in 2021…
- My first time at a tuition weekend. I found it very thought provoking and helpful as a platform to improve my technique. Very good venue.
- Had a brilliant time from start to finish. Well organized and a brilliant team. Everyone was so friendly and so helpful. Will look forward to next time.
- I was apprehensive about learning tunes from scratch on the day, but actually enjoyed the process once the workshops got going.
- Super time. All staff and tutors great. Thank you
- A fabulous time was had. Tutors amazing.
- Fantastic weekend. No improvements needed – all great. Tutors were fantastic, venues great. Well done to all.
- Brilliant weekend. Nothing too much trouble for the staff. Opportunity to stay in campervans was great. Lovely venue and great area. Indian restaurant take-away highly recommended. All tutors were fantastic. Different approaches, which was good. And so patient! Thank you.
- Great benefit from three distinct teaching styles. Good not to have the music in advance. Great cakes. Well done all!
- Excellent tutors, Well done to the team
- Tutorials (advanced) were all excellent. I really enjoyed having “noodling” time in 2 of the tutorials i.e. time to practice the chunk we had just learnt before moving onto the next chunk. I thought the format for the whole weekend was excellent.
- Great combination of tutors. Really appreciated the G/C session – most inspirational part of the weekend.
- Really appreciated the beginners group getting extra tuition, very confidence building.
- Great tutors, learned a great deal. Lovely staff, so friendly, helpful and kind. Thanks to you all. Hotel great, area beautiful.
- Excellent. Great Atmosphere. Good classes. Good weather.
- Very good venue and facilities. Convenient accommodation and eateries.
- It was a lovely weekend. The tutors were great and we all learned a lot.